It’s Concert Week…plus other stuff!

🎈This post is a long one folks, full of lots of important information. I hope you are able to sit down with a cuppa and read everything you need to know about the coming week.

What a great big night in we all had on Friday evening. It was a fabulous way for us to celebrate our learning together throughout the year. These little people have learnt so much and become so independent at school, we love it!

You can collect your containers and plates from the big night in from Doolette on Monday morning. If they are not named or collected by Friday they will be donated to a local Charity shop.

Now to talk business, this is concert week. Much of the week will be devoted to getting ourselves ready for the concert, of course it won’t be the only thing happening in 02. We will continue our learning and we have our final kindy orientation visit.

Please refer to your child’s blue reader bag. Two very important notes were sent home on Friday, one is an outline of concert dismissal procedures and location, the other is a consent form for your child to attend a Christian Options workshop. Slips need to be signed and returned tomorrow.

😊 On Monday I will be collecting all of the readers. Readers will not be coming home for the next two weeks. We have the mammoth job of counting and sorting all of the readers to be returned for a stocktake. If you are free one morning and could give us a hand to sort, count and record books we would really appreciate it. Many hands make light work!

😊 If you haven’t seen the newsletter this week, please have a look. Rooms 01 and 02 have a double page spread sharing some of our Literacy and Numeracy learning.

😊 We also have a display of some fabulous Inquiry writing in the school office.

😊 Blue reader bags will continue to come home each day as usual. Please remember to check the communication book each day for any correspondence.

😊 Please have a final look around for any library books and return ASAP.

😊 Please return pink personal information sheets to me, not the office ASAP.

😊 I will be hosting our final kindy orientation visit for the year on Friday morning.

😊 There will be no fruit sharing this week.

😊 I will be asking 02 to line up on the stripe (our meeting and dismissal spot) on Friday morning with their school bags on their back and not to enter the Doolette building. Mrs Hedger will then take the class to continue our learning in another area of the school.

😊 Class placements will be finalised this week and children will meet their 2018 teacher on Friday afternoon. You will receive your class placement letter along with the semester two report on Friday.

😊 Concert stuff….I’m keeping it basic for new parents to the school as there is a lot to remember.

😊 Their will be no show and tell this week. If your child did not share his/her map of their journey to school last week, they will have an opportunity to do so.

⭐️ Come to school in your uniform on the day.

⭐️ Go home and relax, it will be another late night.

⭐️ Have dinner, change your clothes. We are asking children to wear a Tshirt and shorts (any colour) and their plastic rain jacket over the top and a pair of gumboots.

⭐️ If your child will not be attending, please email me or let me know in person.

⭐️ On the evening, please drop your child off at the classroom at the designated time. I will confirm this time early in the week. We will need to get organised, so you will be free to take  your seat.

⭐️ Programs will be available, showing the running order.

⭐️ Children will remain seated in their class groups throughout the concert. You can collect your child at the end of the concert from me.

⭐️ Please refer to the newsletter for information on the foodvans that will be available on the night.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Rick has stated in the newsletter that chairs can be put in the schoolyard to secure your position from 2pm onwards.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️This is a big event for our school community, when you are planning your evening, remember how many students we have at CLG. All families usually attend, parents, toddlers and sometimes grandparents, we have a rather large audience. Something to keep in mind. Hence the need for security on the school grounds to ensure chairs are not positioned until after lunchtime at 2pm. ⭐️

⭐️ Please ask any questions if you are unsure of something or you think I’ve forgotten something.

⭐️ Early nights again this week please, we have a huge week ahead of us.

🎈 I’m sure you’ll love our item!🎈