Wow! Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this enormous amount of mont raised from the Lapathon.
We had an assembly on Friday and the total amount was revealed to all staff and students. As a school we had hoped to reach our target of $15,000 so we are all thrilled with the results and the generosity of our community.
Here is some of the learning we have been involved in this week:
- We have been consolidating our learning of the vowels by reading and writing lots of words that have a magic e at the end.
- We have been measuring objects using arbitrary units and the learning rules of measurement.
- We have been developing a network of trusted adults who can help us when we feel unsafe, are hurt, or just need help.
- We have been learning the names for all of our body parts.
- We are loving our activity time in the mornings and the children are doing a great job journaling their experiences.
- It was also photo week.
It is finally here!
Book week is always lots of fun. We have lots of exciting activities planned for the week…please see my previous post for details or refer to the school newsletter.
I hope all children will join in the fun and dress up as their favourite book character for our parade on Friday morning. Children can wear their costume all day on Friday if it is comfortable, does not impact on their learning and they can toilet themselves independently whilst wearing it. The parade starts at 10:50 Friday morning, all welcome.
A reminder that swimming will begin in week 6. With just over a week to go, here are a few tips to help get families be ready for swimming.
- Encourage your child to dress him/herself every morning and to dry him/herself after the bath or shower. This will certainly help us to be on time and be organised during swimming week.
- Get your child used to wearing goggles before we begin lessons. Put the goggles on when he/she is in the bath.
- Encourage children to put their face in the water.
- Ask your child to put his/her own socks and shoe on each day.
- Remind children to undo laces before taking shoes off.
- Please, please, please…….Label everything.